Sunday, January 24, 2016

Basic SharePoint 2013 tips & tricks collection - Part 1

I'm starting with SharePoint in end of 2015, then also want to write blog again, to collect all my work experience with SharePoint, probably with SharePoint 2013 this time.

I know all that tips tricks might be easy to find over the internet, but I will try to write them again with describe specific situation I meet. And will update time by time.

1. Change host-named for site collection in SharePoint 2013
That was painful lesson for me when I blow away all data of a site collection in production server (luckily it's not go live yet )
http://zquanghoangz.blogspot.sg/2016/01/change-host-named-for-site-collection.html

2. To login with different user
I don't know why, this thing is to hard in SharePoint, but in situation I run the UAT test, then should login with many accounts with different role. That is quick way to do:
http://<site URL>/_layouts/closeConnection.aspx?loginasanotheruser=true

3. Disable Loop Back Check in SharePoint 2013
It's not really SharePoint issue, that is Windows issue, then you can get Solution for that in Microsoft in this link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/896861

In quick, you can see (not recommended but I tried):

Run this power shell command
New-ItemProperty HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa -Name "DisableLoopbackCheck" -value "1" -PropertyType dword

You can also navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa in registry and create the dword32 for DisableLoopbackCheck, modify the value to 1.

Thank you.
will update more...

No comments:

Post a Comment